Microneedling in Knoxville
Microneedling is a fantastic way to refresh your complexion. The Breazeale Clinic uses the SkinPen® to create multiple micro-sized punctures on the skin's surface and in so doing, it brings blood flow and encourages the generation of collagen and elastin, components vital to a youthful appearance. The Breazeale Clinic offers Microneedling services with or without PRP. (Learn more about PRP here.)
The SkinPen® microneedling system allows for controlled induction of the skin's self-repair mechanism by creating micro "injuries" in the skin which trigger new collagen synthesis yet does not pose the risk of permanent scarring. The result is smoother, firmer, and younger looking skin. Skin needling procedures are performed in a safe and precise manner with the use of the sterile SkinPen® needle head. The procedure is normally completed within 30-60 minutes depending on the required treatment and anatomical site. It is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine for the treatment of fine lines, acne scars, and improvement of the skin's texture, tone, and color. The skin's repair process results in a thicker dermis with softer wrinkles. The SkinPen® also creates micro-channels which allow topical gels, creams, and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing their effects in deeper layers of the skin.
What you can expect from a SkinPen® microneedling procedure*:
At The Breazeale Clinic our experienced, licensed aestheticians use the SkinPen® to perform the following:
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your specific needs, your provider may apply a topical numbing agent to ensure your comfort during the procedure.
- A short procedure time. Procedure time may range from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling just the slight vibration of SkinPen® during the procedure.
- Mild post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn.
- Soothing aftercare. Your clinician will provide Skinfuse LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to support the wound healing environment.
- A plan for optimal results. Your clinician may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual skin health goals. Maintenance of your procedure may be completed with multiple treatments to maintain optimal results.
- A post-procedure protocol to optimize your results. We are happy to recommend your after care regimen.
*From the SkinPen website.
Benefits of Microneedling:
- Wrinkle reduction, texture, tone improvement and softer, younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging. New collagen production reverses years of sun damage. SkinPen® also has a positive effect on hyper-pigmentation as well as treating uneven skin tone, acne scars, traumatic scars, and stretch marks.
Side Effects of Microneedling:
- After the procedure, the skin will be red and flushed in appearance in a way similar to a moderate sunburn. You may also experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the area being treated. This will diminish greatly after a few hours following treatments and within the next 24 hours the skin will be completely healed. After 2 days, most visible erythema will be absolved.
- Keloid scars; history of eczema, psoriasis, and other chronic conditions; history of actinic (solar) keratosis; history of Herpes Simplex infections; history of diabetes; presence of raised moles, warts on targeted area. Absolute contraindications include scleroderma, collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities, blood clotting problems, active bacterial or fungal infection, immuno-suppression. Not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing.
The Breazeale Clinic has two licensed aestheticians in-office five days a week to serve you!
Talk to us about incorporating PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) in your next Microneedling service!